Thursday, September 18, 2014

Rock 'N' Roll Adventures in London: Buying a Guitar on the World-Famous Denmark St.


Keeping with my London rock 'n' roll adventures, I fulfilled yet another dream of buying a classic, vintage guitar in London off Denmark Street. The place (pictured above) I bought it from is Wunjo's Guitars. Wunjo's has been on Denmark Street for a while, and the building I was in was where the Kinks used to practice, across the street from where Jimi Hendrix would rehearse, and a couple doors down from where the Rolling Stones would play and perform. 

Right below is the beauty I purchased, a 1975 Hofner Thinline 171 Telecaster copy. A genuine German-made guitar that spent it's whole life in the U.K.! It's such a beautiful guitar, and I'm happy I got to christen it at the open blues jam just right across the street. One story that I will never forget!



No comments:

Post a Comment